Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Diggers - as in Shovel Ready

We (America) took extraordinary steps to abort the almost inevitable "global depression". Well some time has passed and I now look back at one step in particular that still eludes me. Shovel Ready projects. Remember those, or at least remember hearing about those? Has anyone seen one of these projects being completed? I can't say that I have seen anything close to it. Here in Charlotte we were at the back end of the "great recession". All I remember seeing are the booming construction sites around everywhere coming to an instantaneous halt. Oh, maybe those companies and their employees were rushed over to work on those "shovel ready" projects. I checked, nope.
I tried to follow the "user friendly" website of the governments $700 Billion TARP spending but, well, it is the government's attempt to be transparent, so no need to say more. I just wanted to see what all this money was being used for besides bailing out the banks, insurance companies and auto makers. I really would like to see what OUR money did besides fill the bank's pockets. They still aren't loaning it to anyone so what is the money doing? Are they letting it go to seed? Damn, I keep forgetting that money does NOT grow on trees. It's not even paper made from trees, which is a good thing. I digress.
The money is out there somewhere. If anyone knows where it is or if you got any of it please let me know. For me to really understand how much went to "shovel ready" projects I need a breakdown in simple terms provided by our government. That is fair to ask of our bloated bureaucratic bunch, isn't it? It is really simple don't you think, when you really think, hard and serious? Give me one good reason why can't we have an easier method of tracking the "investments" we (the tax payer) have made?

No comments:

Post a Comment