Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Deep End - as in depth of thought

Often I have the pleasure of making the time to think, to ponder, to wonder, etc. Most of the time it is in the morning while playing with the dogs, watching and listening to the birds and taking in the beauty that surrounds me.

It is at night when I find it the most luring to dive deeply into my thoughts. My chores are done, it is finally quiet, and I have some time alone; this is when I have my deepest of thoughts. I look at what the world has presented for the day, what I have personally been dealt for the day, and what I have dealt to others for the day.

When I begin my journey into my deepest of thoughts I often am so immersed that I don't have a sense of the time. Eleven O'clock, Midnight, One O'clock...time ticks on and my mind still digs deeper into my thoughts of the current day, experiences of most recent, and memories of the distant past.

When one has made the time to really and intensely think about anything, isn't it refreshing? Do you find that you are most energized when you have made time to think, to wonder, to ponder, etc.? The ideas that come, the memories that you relive, the possibilities you foresee. It is all so relative to one’s own mind. Yet, when you have those thoughts there are others you include in your ideas, memories and possibilities. Do they too, find the same emotions within the same thoughts that you have? It seems so all too often that when I have had a very deep and moving thought, there is someone else in my life that has had the same deep and moving thought. Is is a coincidence? Do you find that the connections with those who share your thoughts are the most in tune to your feelings? It is a very gratifying feeling to have someone close to you think about the same thing you are thinking of.

The key to digging into your deepest thoughts is making the time to do so. Don't take time, make time. There is a great difference between the two. Too many folks don't make time because they feel they don't have the time. Everyone has the same amount of time. Choose how you use it. It is really simple don't you think, when you really think, hard and serious? Give me any good reason why you can't make time for something, someone, and yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment