Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Random Acts - as in kindness

Think how much time Americans spend waiting, worrying and wondering about what might happen. Most of what they fret about is something that they don't want to happen or fear won't happen. Very infrequently do Americans think in a manner that generates good things to happen and bad things not to happen. How many times a day, week or even a month do you make a conscience effort to do something nice for someone? Not a loved one or even someone you know. Do you ever try to do something nice for someone ever?
Many people make resolutions to change their behavior, get fit, and take time to smell the roses. A few make that commitment happen. Good for them. I don't make resolutions because my entire goal in life is to be happy. What makes me happy in a way that cannot be enjoyed in any other way is to be nice. I like to be nice to everyone I come in contact with. I choose to live my life with the attitude of committing random acts of kindness.
The look on peoples' faces, their expressions, and their surprise is all so nice to see, hear and know. I imagine when I am out and about I commit a dozen or more random acts of kindness a day. Not bragging but attempting to make a point. If all of the "friends" I have on my FB committed 3 random acts of kindness a day that would have an impact on 141 people a day. If those 141 people were impacted positively enough to themselves commit 1 random act of kindness that same day there would be 282 people impacted in a positive manner.
Back to the fact that Americans are obsessed with the negative things in life, for many reasons good and bad. What if we all made an effort to be nice? It is really simple don't you think, when you really think, hard and serious? Come on...give me any good reason why we can't be nice a few times a day?

1 comment:

  1. I am often during the day...all the time all one has to do is smile that's an act of kindness & helping others...that's my job for certain! I always let the guy in traffic
    & sadly I don't always get the favor back but whatever I just do it bcuz one should.
    There is to much negativeness, one must stay away from winers & I don't mean cab lovers.
    Allt hey do is bring me down so I like to hang with upbeat laughter type people. Although like this past week I was down due to the loss of a co worker from yrs ago.
    Then I realized that was her best quality was smiling & being only kind to others so
    I am focusing on that goodness.

    ReplyDelete